Looking for a unique, nice gift that is also inexpensive and quick?
I made this jewelry holder for about $10 and made it from start to finish in about a half hour. Yipee!
This is what you need:
1. A bare wood board (I used a left over piece of pine from a project)
*the size will depend on how many handles you want, or if you are like me, then just use what you have left over from another project
2. Your paint and wax brushes
3. Paint color of your choice (again, mine was left over from a project)
4. A container with a little water
5. A cloth (the lint free clothes from the BB Frösch kit are perfect for this)
6. And of course the hardware (I got my beautiful handles at Hobby Lobby for 50% off)
I decided to go for the LIME WASH EFFECT on the board.
To accomplish this I got my brush damp (you want the bristles to be wet, but not dripping wet), then I squirted on a little paint (I love mixing and storing my paint in squeeze bottles!)
Alternately you can dilute the paint with water and then apply the paint.
Either way, you want to paint with the grain in board in long, even strokes.
And here is the board with the completed lime wash. Aren't those wood grains beautiful?
The whole paint and wipe process took about 5 minutes...and I even did the front and the back.
For the final step of the project, I measure and drilled the holes (yes I drilled the holes myself!) and screwed in the hardware. Done!